To purchase a ClearAlpha and/or accessories please visit the Store.
ClearAlpha sports all the access node functionality of the original ClearNode – in a smaller package – 3 x 2.6 x 1 inches.
ClearAlpha is based on the recently released Raspberry Pi 3A+. ClearAlpha is an AllStar, EchoLink & Digital Modes simplex node, with an integrated low power UHF FM radio transceiver. Digital modes include DMR, P25, YSF, FCS and NXDN – all available from your Analog FM HT or mobile rig.
ClearAlpha includes a free companion iPhone and Android mobile app to Setup and Control your node – from anywhere you have an internet connection.
The ClearNode Mobile App allows you to:
- Configure your AllStar, EchoLink & Digital credentials and settings
- Configure your ClearAlpha WiFi credentials without using SSH and Terminal
- Connect and disconnect your ClearAlpha from remote nodes, hubs, reflectors and Talk Groups
- Automate your connects and disconnects with calendar Timed Events
- Keep, edit and tag a catalog of the nodes you regularly connect to
- Control the integrated radio: Tx/Rx frequency, CTCSS/DCS codes, Squelch, Volume …
- Power down or reboot your ClearAlpha
- Play a delayed stream (~20 sec) of the audio traffic on your ClearAlpha on your mobile device
Comparing ClearNode and ClearAlpha
- ClearAlpha and ClearNode are loaded with the same software stack
- Control your ClearNode and ClearAlpha devices from the same mobile app
- Both products feature the WiFiByLight process for uploading WiFi credentials
- ClearAlpha has the same UHF or VHF FM Analog Transceiver
How ClearAlpha differs from ClearNode
- If you’re looking for a compact, multi-mode, personal access node – ClearAlpha is a good choice
- If you’re looking for a hub with 10s of inbound and outbound connections ClearNode is the better choice
- ClearAlpha does not have an ethernet network port or any available USB ports
- You will not be able to work DSTAR on ClearAlpha since there’s no USB port to plug in a Vocoder dongle (e.g. Thumb DV)
What’s in the box:
- 1 x ClearAlpha with integrated UHF or VHF FM transceiver
- 1 x 120-240V – 5.2V / 2.5A power supply (US 2 pin only)
- 1 x Mini-Antenna with SMA connector